Junior Front End WordPress Developer
Start Date: October 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: London
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
SoBold is a high-performance, WordPress website design and development agency based in London. We have gone from strength to strength since our inception in 2014 and now is the time to super-charge this.
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Front End WordPress Developer to join our growing team. We work with companies of all sizes from small boutique brands, to publicly listed businesses and household names.
In this role, you will work closely with other Back End and Front End WordPress Developers and will report directly to the Lead Developer. You must be confident and willing to bring innovative ideas to the table.
- Utilising a variety of markup languages to develop pixel perfect, responsive web pages.
- Ensuring web development is optimized for smartphones.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Create documentation outlining processes and/or offering advice on how to go about tackling certain issues for clients and other team members.
- Snagging and testing websites to ensure they adhere to our high standards.
- A minimum of at least 1 year of experience with PHP to render WordPress websites.
- Experience with custom post types, Gutenberg and the Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
- Basic knowledge of GIT based workflows.
- A minimum of at least 1 year of experience with WordPress.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- A hybrid working environment, with up to two days working from home per week after your first three months.
Our hiring process
You can apply for this role on Indeed, LinkedIn or directly on our website, you’ll hear back from us either way.
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
1) We review your application and portfolio.
2) A 30-minute phone call with our Lead Developer so we can find out more about you and you can find out more about the business and role.
3) A small WordPress related task.
4) A follow-up interview with our Lead Developer and Managing Director to discuss how you found the task.
5) A face-to-face meeting to give you a flavour of our team and offices and so we can give you an introduction to some of our workflows and processes.
6) Get an offer!