Junior Front End Developer – WordPress
Start Date: March 2020
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: London
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
We are a young, dynamic and exciting agency based in the heart of London and are looking for a passionate Junior Front-End Web Developer to join our growing team. If you like fast-paced environments then this is the place to be!
We work with a variety of different sized clients in a wide range of industries building outstanding websites and activating digital marketing programs. No two days are the same!
Come and join the ride!
The type of activities involved in the position include:
- Developing new WordPress websites and providing support for our existing clients and sites.
- Developing bespoke WordPress themes using PHP, SCSS and frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Reporting on the impacts of our activities and drawing insights from the results.
We are looking for:
- Good communication skills, proactive and a passion to work both independently and as part of a team.
- An ability to explain complicated concepts to a diverse team consisting of a range of skill sets.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3 with a keen eye for UX design and knowledge of cross-browser compatibility.
- A good understanding of WordPress and experience developing bespoke functionality for websites using PHP.
- Knowledge of WordPress Custom Post Types and Custom Fields.
- Knowledge of the Bootstrap CSS framework.
A bonus, but not essential:
- Knowledge of SCSS.
- Experience in creating custom WordPress plugins.
- An understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and its importance in modern website design.
- Experience with additional CMS’s – Shopify, Magento, Prestashop etc.
- Knowledge of MySQL.
Recruiters: we’re not looking for assistance with this role. Thanks anyway!