Getting noticed on twitter should be a high priority to promote your brand.
Twitter’s layout means your tweets can very quickly get lost in a sea of spammy auto-generated content. Auto-retweets, auto-sharing, auto-posting; all methods used by companies to grab your attention for the 2 minutes that you will see them.
Because of this realisation, many genuine users of twitter have become very fickle with who and what they follow.
This means that if your content is solid: your followers will be, too.
Here are 5 ways to get your tweets noticed by the people you actually want engaging with your content.
Hashtags, hashtags, hashtags
Relevant hashtags at the end of tweets will push your content into the right community and boost engagement by up to 20%.
It comes down to whether or not your tweets can be found by users who have not discovered you before. If your hashtags keep relevant and respectful of those who are interested in them, you will be able to deliver the perfect content to the perfect reader.
The tradeoff of using hashtags is how it changes how you deliver your tweets. The key is to integrate them as you would the words in a sentence, as opposed to stuffing all of your hashtags at the bottom of your tweet.
Every tweet needs a photo
SocialMediaExaminer found out that a tweet has 87% more engagement when accompanied with a photo. No other type of tweet came close!
The reason for this is because users can consume information displayed in photos much faster than with text. Grabbing your reader’s attention for longer than the average will return a surge in overall conversion rate and a genuine interest to explore further into your product.
If you want to go a step further, you can add an embedded video. Twitter users don’t even need to leave the site to watch it!
Make your tweets retweet-able
The key to twitter is optimising your reach.
Your tweets will initially hit the feeds of your followers. Then, if the tweet is effective enough, your follower will retweet it to their followers.
The most important conclusion from that idea is that big names who follow you can propel you to twitter stardom.
To get to a position where you’re being followed by big names, you need a strong social media strategy to directly appeal to them and engage with their own content.
But until then, your content should be as retweet-able as possible. This means a strong effort made in branding and promoting yourself as an authority, as well as delivering trending content.
Shake up your content with some quotes
Quotes are special. Their goal is to be as philosophical and thought provoking in as little words as possible.
To quote your company’s role models means to underline your brand with an ideology. Luxury brands do it too, and it works!
Depending on your industry, there will be a relevant historical or influential figure that you can quote. It may not be cutting edge news, but it pays to bring your readers back down to earth with a humble reminder of what your business is built on.
Engage with your followers
This is not directly involved with the tweeting process. But as any self respecting content manager knows, 20% of your time is spent creating the content and the other 80% is spent delivering it to the world.
Included in that 80% is your engagement with your followers who read what you tweet.
Did someone say “Intriguing Tweet”? A simple thank you encourages future engagement from that person, and anyone who gets the fuzzy feeling from reading that beautiful display of PR from your business.
It is also very wise to keep a close eye on your twitter followers. Any big names who select you as worthy of their attention is a stepping stone for your twitter following to grow. There are many twitter dashboards that can assist you with filtering through the small-timers and finding the big influencers following you.
Ultimately, being successful on social media is largely down to trial and error. Find out which kinds of tweets work for you. Are your audience more switched on to questions or do they prefer to be fed information? Are your videos being shared or is there greater engagement with your images? These 5 tips are the building blocks for you to start getting your brand out there, the rest is up to you!